LCUL celebrates 11 years of preparing credit union professionals to become certified financial counselors through our enhanced version of CUNA's Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP). Upon earning their Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor Designation (CCUFC) designation, our graduates are ready to assist members on the road to financial wellness.
Our enhanced program uses the CUNA FiCEP edition 5 textbook and adds elements to help participants easily grasp and retain counseling concepts and knowledge. Our engaging and interactive webinars use relevant examples and our fill-in-the blank study guides and live exam prep session help reinforce the knowledge you need to pass the exam and effectively perform your counseling duties.
The 2023 Enhanced FiCEP curriculum includes:
- 1 textbook with 33 chapters to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- 8 tutorial webinars that reinforce and further explain important details from the textbook
- 8 fill-in-the-blank study guides with answer keys to accompany each webinar
- 1 live instructor-led zoom exam preparation session using anonymous polling and group discussion
- 1 pre-recorded exam prep video that highlights textbook areas to focus on
- 1 instructor led training day to include instruction recap, role playing, mind mapping program implementation, idea sharing & best practices
- Take-away tool kit including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, program decision guides, action plans, tracking methods and more!
- 1 League proctored online certification test consisting of 100 questions
- Access to our online Counselor Community to network, ask questions & share ideas with new and existing counselors from multiple partner states
New this year, We will be offering this program twice in 2023. Choose the start date that works best in your schedule. Our winter class will begin in late January, and our Summer program will start in early July.
This course is semi self-paced. We provide the suggested schedule below to keep you on track to complete your final exam and participate in the training day with the entire class of graduates. Your reading will average 30 pages a week with webinar length averaging 45 minutes. The January program will begin on January 23rd, and our summer program will begin July 3rd.
- Week 1: Complete Chapters 1 – 4 / View Webinar 1
- Week 2: Complete Chapters 5 – 9 / View Webinar 2
- Week 3: Complete Chapters 10 – 14 / View Webinar 3
- Week 4: Complete Chapters 15 – 20 / View Webinar 4
Enjoy a scheduled break week or use a week to catch up if needed.
- Week 5: Complete Chapters 21 – 25 / View Webinar 5
- Week 6: Complete Chapters 26 – 28 / View Webinar 6
- Week 7: Complete Chapters 29 - 30 / View Webinar 7
- Week 8: Complete Chapters 30 – 33 / View Webinar 8
There will be a one hour zoom exam prep session offered after week 8 and the test will be administered online within 2 weeks. Exact prep and test dates will be communicated in your class welcome email and on the Ficep portal.
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately. Students must have access to a device with internet connectivity & camera capabilities. Make up dates for virtual testing will be announced for anyone who misses the exam date.
$895 per person – Please note we will be using the 5th edition of the textbook, previous editions will be incompatible with the 5th edition exam.
For those with permanent access to a 5th edition textbook, you may register under the “no textbook” option for $695.
Registration closes May 31, 2023 to ensure timely arrival of books
Anyone desiring to become one should have the opportunity to do so, but we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Managers, Trainers and Educators.
Over 750 Louisiana Credit Union Professionals have already completed the program and earned their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) Designation to help members achieve financial health. Register now to join their ranks!
Register Today for the Summer FiCEP Class!