What does the future of the Credit Union industry look like? That’s what LCUL’s innovative workshop with John Vardalas will help you to envision. Following rave reviews from our inaugural program last year, we’re excited to bring this event back and make it even bigger!
Using a futuristic theme this interactive simulation reality workshop gives participants a strong understanding of the environmental change trends and developments that have/will affect credit union performance in the next decade. Check out what you can expect:
Take stock of the present state of Credit Unions:
- Navigating an Uncertain Economy
- Making informed strategic decisions based on economic & technology factors
- Using the CU Philosophy to leverage our competitive advantage for success
- The great resignation era and embracing DEI for positive CU Culture impact
- Insights and Best Practices of highly innovative credit unions
- Thrival Growth and Member Excellence Service Strategies
- Participants will be placed into teams to form a simulation credit union. Teams craft the current state of their credit union including membership, size and operations.
Envision the future:
- On day two, it’s 2033 and 10 years have passed. Teams will strategically “think tank” to re-imagine their simulated credit union’s operations and member service needs.
- Teams report out & the entire room debriefs and generate implementation ideas.
Takeaways include: increased knowledge and skill set for increased productivity; greater understanding of the Credit Union Philosophy; new relevant growth strategies; strategies to apply your vision; expansion of your professional network!
Hear what some 2022 Louisiana CU Visioning Experience attendees had to say:
- The collaboration was amazing!
- I left very inspired to dive into streamlining our onboarding process for new members and renovating our products.
- The future is not very far away. When I left my brain was still flooded with ideas!
- Member Experience (MX) is key! Why are we making it difficult for our members to do business with us?
- My key takeaway was seeing how fast the world of technology is changing. Sooner rather than later credit unions will have to start adapting to change faster than we are now.
- This creative session was just what someone needs to reinvigorate themselves for another year!
- SO much talent was in that room! Meeting and working with new Louisiana credit union folks was a highlight for me. Johnny V's passion for credit unions was undeniable and very inspiring.
- Sharing ideas and thinking of the future shows that we all plan to be here growing our credit unions and helping our members.
About the Instructor
John A. Vardalas is dedicated to helping credit union organizations increase productivity, profitability, and performance to reach their potential in order to prosper in the world of tomorrow. His experience includes presenting programs for the World Council of Credit Unions, Filene Research Institute, CU Edu-Cruises, and the Southwest Credit Union Management School along with countless programs for professionals and volunteers in the international credit union movement.
$349 per person
To ensure optimal team size this event is capacity controlled at 50 people.
A cancelation fee of $75 will be assessed if you cancel less than one week prior to the start of the program.
Venue & Schedule
Our program will begin on February 15 from 1:00 pm to 4pm and resume February 16 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Book a room at Marriott Baton Rouge in our block for $129/night.