Pelican State Credit Union is excited to announce that it has awarded $15,000 in college scholarships to graduating high school seniors in 2023.
The Team Pelican Scholarship Program is an exclusive benefit for Youth Savings Account members! Pelican selected 14 finalists for academic achievements, acts of service, and inspirational goals.
2023 Team Pelican Scholarship Award Recipients:
- Tayvian Allen, St. Amant High School
- Tyler Alphonse, Benjamin Franklin High School
- Marlie Barnes, Sulphur High School \
- Eli Dishman, Central Lafourche High School
- Bella Dunnam, Live Oak High School
- Davarre Dyson, West Feliciana High School
- Grant Gueho, Episcopal School of Baton Rouge
- Anna Guidry, Teurlings Catholic High School
- Symiah Joseph, Wossman High School
- Abry Layrisson, St. Thomas Aquinas Regional High School
- Anh-Tu Nguyen, St. Michael the Archangel High School
- Karly Stansell, Pineville High School
- Macaria Thomas, Westminster Christian Academy
- Alan Tam, Baton Rouge Magnet High
A volunteer committee of Pelican team members carefully reviewed applications from 112 applicants. Award recipients are encouraged to use their scholarships to cover tuition, textbooks, meal and housing plans, and other educational expenses.
Founded in 2008, Pelican’s Team Pelican Scholarship Award Program has awarded $144,500 in scholarships. It’s one of the many reasons it pays to be a member of Pelican. Team Pelican Youth Savings Account holders benefit from scholarship award eligibility and monetary rewards for good grades on their report cards each semester.