EFCU Financial, a dynamic credit union with an 88-year history of solid growth and stability in Baton Rouge, LA, is seeking an experienced and service-oriented team player to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist. In our service-focused organization, our Human Resources Generalist provides confidential, professional support for the human resources department. Performs the daily functions of the HR department including recruiting, onboarding, benefits, and administrating payroll within the credit union policies and procedures. This individual interfaces with staff, management, job applicants, and visitors of the credit union. Prepares reports, correspondence, manuals, spreadsheets as requested by the Vice President of Human Resources, and all other communications utilizing a broad range of computer applications. The Human Resources Generalist is expected to project a professional and positive image as a representative of the credit union in receiving and directing visitors and guests.
Critical Knowledge, Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- Three to five years of experience in human resources.
- Human Resources certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to human resources is a must.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage many projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to project professional and business-like image on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to use various PC software as required.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must pass all credit and bond requirements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment where there is little discomfort or exposure to hazards due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee consistently is required to stand and sit, view computer screen, talk and hear, and lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Excellent benefits, compensation commensurate with experience. EFCU Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. All office locations are smoke-free facilities. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org