Ascensus is the nation's premier provider of IRA services for credit unions, and their highly skilled trainers present this virtual IRA workshop covering all the Essential information you need to know - delivered right to your desk! Whether you are new to IRAs or an experienced administrator wanting an update, this program would serve you well to accurately serve your members' IRA needs.
IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises included will help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner's session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed.
What can you expect from IRA Essentials?
- Introduction to Establishing IRAs
- Tax advantages of Traditional & Roth IRAs
- Documents required upon opening
- Primary vs. contingent beneficiaries
- IRA Funding
- Eligibility requirements for both types of IRA
- Contribution limits and deadlines
- Reporting Deadlines
- IRA Distributions
- Federal income tax withholding requirements
- Exceptions to early distribution penalty
- Tax consequences for both types of IRAs
- Required minimum distributions & reporting
- IRA Portability
- Differentiate rollovers and transfers
- Differentiate direct and indirect rollovers
Educational Investment: $245 per person. Note – this is for IRA Essentials Only. The IRA Advanced session must be purchased separately.
This is a multi-league collaboration and you will be re-directed to the Mississippi CU Association webpage to complete your registration. Click here