Campus Federal Credit Union is seeking a Product Specialist. Applicants are responsible for product development, including product research, design, market launch and monitoring of product performance to maximize profitability and meet member needs; Utilizing data analytics to determine optimum product mix, delivery channels and pricing for existing and new products and services; providing support for Marketing Department to expand membership based on research, including competitive, industry, consumer and economic trends.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform Annual Product Reviews on existing products and prepare proposals for innovative product and services as identified via researching market areas, competitive offerings, member behavior and industry trends to ensure Campus Federal products meet the changing needs of our members and are fiscally sound.
- Prepare and present new product proposals for VP of Marketing and Executive Team based on customer needs, competition and our business model to attract and retain consumer and business members.
- Represent the member; be the credit union’s expert on how members interact with the products or services (analytics, surveys, user testing) and present recommendations for existing products and services, as well as input into projects relating to products or services; make recommendations to improve the member experience and ensure brand alignment.
- Recommend pricing of new products and re-pricing of existing ones based on review of competitive data, profitability and member segment needs on an annual basis.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop strategies for core positioning and messaging of new and potential products and services for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Work with Research Specialist on reporting, analysis and market potential of existing and potential products using MCIF (Marketing Customer Information File database) and prepare recommendations for VP of Marketing that are mutually beneficial to the credit union and its members.
- Analyze marketing, technology and digital industry trends along with competitive market data for Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport to maximize product portfolio and profitability.
- Communicate with all levels of staff within the organization to ensure effectiveness of related Product Plans and programs.
- Be the expert with respect to all traditional and non-traditional product competition.
- Evaluate viability of third-party partnerships/vendors and software interfaces.
- Participate in the preparation and deployment of various marketing plans and activities.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or appropriately related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in marketing or business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications including Excel and Word
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Critical thinker who can develop products and services to keep Campus Federal relevant and top of mind among target consumers
- Strong time management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel within Campus Federal and external organizations
- Experience in financial service industry preferred
Benefits include 100% paid health, dental, LTD insurance for employee. Other benefits include vacation, sick leave, 401k, life insurance and advancement potential. Salary DOE.
Visit www.campusfederal.org to apply EOE Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.